The Schwartz/Raybestos 71 Camaro Giveaway Car

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevrolaine, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

2. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?

??? How do you arrive at that conclusion?

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
  4. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Looks like they are using the standard front sheetmetal, hopefully they don't put stubby bumpers on the front. The full bumper looks better.
    Interested in the extra frame rail and crossmember setup, wonder what gives.
    [​IMG]
    Looks like they built a full frame under the car and threw the stub away. Looks heavy, they should have lightened the original rear frame rails if they aren't doing anything.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  5. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    I am sure they are using one of Schwartz's full frames under it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

that car will handle like a slot car! do want!

7. dirtmod08

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    "May the Schwartz be with you"

8. Earlsfat

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?
    You know... all the 70-73's I see around have the RS front end. I'd like to see a few full bumpers in person.

I get real tired of everyone using essentially the same damned parts though. If you're a high-end, custom fabrication shop, fabricate something that's custom and high-end. I liked what the ring brothers did with the gas neck on that one they did. I also liked the (Spectre?) camaro where they put CAI's where the RS turn signal were. Covan's dashes, crate engines, Foose wheels, Autometer gauges, Cowl hoods....... ***yawn***

9. dirtmod08

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I priced a roller chassis, lowest options at close to 19k. I'm sure that's without wheels and tires.:eek:
    Put a body on there with all the hardware, interior,trim, and paint. You have another 10-15k. Engine/transmission, 10k or more.
    I'm seeing close to 50k in materials going into this build.:confused: I'm sure over 60k with guages, interior, glass, exhaust, and components.
    Labor cost could rack up to 30k easy.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  10. Earlsfat

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?
    But if it looks like every other Camero (<- spelled that way on purpose) how can you call yourself a custom fabrication shop?

I'm not impressed with someone throwing money at a build - I can see that all day long on the internet. I want to see something different - The guys who did the small tube frame chassis... THAT was cool. Buying a $25k chassis and putting it under a repop body... how much imagination and fabrication skills does that take? As far as I am concerned, all you did was write a check and follow the instructions to put it together. <-- FAIL at custom fabrication.