thoughts on jetting for a chrysler big block

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by jroach, Oct 12, 2019.

1. jroach

jroach Veteran Member

just picked up a early style remaned q-jet for my chrysler. 400 B motor in a 4600lb 4 door newport. this carb is currently set up for a lo-po 350 it has 39b rods and 69 jets. im thinking bump it 2 jet sizes with the same rods, mainly because i have alot of jets but maybe only 1 other set of b-rods. most of my tuning parts are for the later style carbs. anyone have any experience in something like this. maybe jetting info on a lower performance 396/402? the 400 b motor is rated at 210 hp i think

2. 77 cruiser

77 cruiser Veteran Member

Shouldn't have to change it.

3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I got a '77 New Yorker Brougham back in the early 90's and I fought the T-quad for a couple of years before I swapped it for an Edelbrock Performer series. It wasn't a stock engine though. I built it up for towing as those motor are torque monsters anyway. That's the car that almost cost me my license in '93. I don't remember what the cfm capacity was. I see the guy that bought the car from time to time and he still has it. All the rebuild and modification receipts were with it in the glove box, the next time I see him, I'll ask him what the flow was. It was 5200 pounds with an empty tank but could stay with a lot of lighter cars. Until the gas station came up.