Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by RockerMomsHotwheels, Jan 11, 2011.
LMFAO!!!!......NO CLEANUP it's only going to get dirty again ....our cars are never done!!!
Noticed the "parking for FINNS only".....FINN POWA!
Hey guys, maybe I'm missing something after reading this entire thread but, seriously - how do you get the car up on these stands? What's the magic process? Thanks!
It IS a magic trick! For me it is a multi step process as my floor jack only lifts to 20 inches and it is rated at 2 tons.
1. Lift the front(under the crossmember) as high as possible and place jack stands under it.
2. Move to the back and do the same thing(under the differential) with a second set of jack stands under the axle.
3. Go back to the front and place a 4x4 block on the jack and lift again. This should lift high enough to get the blocks under the tires.
4. Go to the rear again and repeat.
5. Getting the car down is the reverse of the above steps.
It is a scary situation getting the car up and down, especially the first time you do it. I always have a helper with me just in case something goes horribly wrong.
Thats how I did mine and yes its a little scary at first. I ended buying a jack with a taller heigth limit and didnt have to use boards anymore. But I can not jack one end up and just put the cribs on, its to steep, you still have to do it in 5 steps like listed above.
Just built my set yesterday! Love this site! Now I can tighten up the suspension mods!
I see a lot of people building them but no one asking how much it costs to make them so.... how much does it cost in total to make these?
I glued & screwed the ones I made and with the 2 X 4's about $20 a wheel! If you had to buy everything. I get scrap wood / damaged pallets at work had screws from a left over deck project so just the liquid nails!
My total if I remember correctly was about $75. Thats 16 feet of boards, 1 tube of liquid nails and a box of deck screws
That isn't bad considering people are asking 200 freaking dollars for just a pair.