Turbo 400

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Lando, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Lando

Lando Member

Had a rebuilt turbo 400 installed. Took car out the other day and couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t shifting out of first gear. Fluid is good and I know transmission is good as it was tested on stand prior to install. Jack the car up and notice the vacuum hose from my PCM isn’t connected to anything.

Can I just run a new vacuum hose from the pcm to the front of the Carb or should I run it to the intake?

My motor was replaced as well and I’m not finding any vacuum lines to connect to.

Will get pics in a few

2. Lando

Lando Member

Pics

Attached Files:

3. 77 cruiser

77 cruiser Veteran Member

If you're talking about the vacuum modulator, it goes to manifold vacuum. Either into a fitting in the manifold or the base of the carb.

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

There is supposed to be s hard steel tube that runs between the manifold and the Modulator. Then connects with the 2 short rubber lines. Maybe the shop or who ever took it out when removing the trans and engine. Probably laying around some where.

5. Lando

Lando Member

Yea I know but I’m not seeing anything. So I’m trying to see what I can or should do. Some say T off from brake booster some say it’s a big no no. I have a smaller port in front of my Holley and everyone say it’s flr the distributor and not to hook up to it. Just need ideas

6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

it uses MANIFOLD vacuum. so...anything on your INTAKE manifold or carb UNDER the carb throttle blades as you do NOT want PORTED vacuum! NO do not T into brake booster line as when the modulator valve gives up...and the engine VACUUM sucks up tranny fluid and smokes like a frieghttrain....you don't want any of that going into your brake booster ;)

cadillac_al likes this.
  7. Lando

Lando Member

Thank you.