Twin Turbo LS2

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mwhizard, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Lammy

Lammy Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Piling on for the updates. Awesome build, and so jealous!

2. Powers76

Powers76 Veteran Member

Watching your speedo in that video almost made me die

3. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Awesome build. I'm jealous. :)

Just a quick question....

Why MPH? I thought Canada was KPH?

4. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I use a mph gauge as do alot us, Mark's no exception I'm sure. But I guess I should let him answer that.

5. mwhizard

mwhizard Veteran Member

Yes, to MPH. Car came with it and I think in MPH anyway.

DYNO NUMBERS...

Mustang Dyno, 15 psi boost, pump gas (chevron 94), very conservative A/R and Timing for road racing.....

622 RWHP 630 RWLBFT torque.

I ran out of time and money on the dyno to go any further. The tuner figured that on any other dyno it would be in the 700's. We had to spray the tires at one point because the power hit so hard it was breaking the tires loose.

In a couple of weeks I hope to return and turn the boost up a bit more. On a side note, with 1 degree more of ignition advance I was seeing 10 extra HP, but it would have an occasional knock. The curve was insane, full torque by 4200rpm, and it felt like there was a second torque curve from there to redline. (my tuners words)

6. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

STOUT any way you look at it. 630 to the tires is scary fast :cool:

7. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

Awesome car!! Wish I could fabricate and weld like that. Sure would come in handy.

8. My73LT

My73LT Veteran Member

No dis-respect, but, Is that all ?

The car is a pure work of art and your attention to detail is incredible. I HOPE mine turns out half as well. I've been following your build and it goes beyond awesome. I'd have thought it would be putting out over an even thousand..

Sure there wasn't a mistake by the dyno guy and there is supposd to be a "1" in front of that 600 rwhp ?

9. mwhizard

mwhizard Veteran Member

Of course I was hoping for more, but the DYNO I use has notorious low numbers anyway. My timing is very conservative at I think it was 13* at 4200rpm... so that accounts for alot. Also the AFR was at 11.3 to 11.6. I think there will be improvements in the numbers. I still have up to 21psi of boost to get bigger HP numbers.

Their boost gauge showed peak boost at 13.9psi. (mine said 15) so there is 6 or 7 psi left before my computer meets its maximum tuneability.

10. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvedit

I notice that you have exactly the same fuel rails, regulator and fuel feed/return layout that I have on my LS2. I was advised not to connect the manifold vacuum line to the regulator, which reduces fuel pressure under high-vacuum cruising and idling. The reason is that the stock ECU is programmed for constant fuel pressure of about 58 lbs at Idle and perhaps 55 lbs at WOT. The vacuum line to the regulator will drop the pressure to about 45 lbs which would run the engine too lean. The ECU can be programmed to compensate for that, but IMO constant fuel pressure is easier to program. Of course, Turbo Charging adds a lot of complexity to the ECU programming.

Came across your thread last night and read the whole thing. Pretty awesome.

I am in the process of installing a LS1 (Stock) in my '77. When I came across the info above, I did a double take. I had installed the EZ-EFI fuel injection with their fuel pump kit including the regulator on my old small block. Their instructions called for a vacuum line from the fuel regulator to the throttle body.

I didn't know any better and had the vacuum line hooked up for the LS1 install. Reading this thread probably saved me a bunch of grief!! That's why this site is so great!!

The only problem is I don't have time to read every thread.