urethane bumper cover

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Johnboy9914, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Johnboy9914

Johnboy9914 New Member

Does anyone know (from experience) a good product that I can use to patch a small hole (golf ball size) in my front bumper cover? I've researched many products but can't seem to find anyone that has ever patched a hole, mended a rip, or repaired a crack on a 78 - 81 Camaro urethane bumper cover. The hole is on the front left corner, which is stiffer material anyway. Someone previously used bondo and it looked to have held for some time until it was bumped by another car and busted out. Thanks in advance.

2. silver78

silver78 Veteran Member

I have a '78 and it had about a 1" crack in the front bumper. I used a bumper repair epoxy made by SEM. Works great. You can't tell it was ever there. Go to www.amazon.com and do a search for sem bumper repair.

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Most auto body supply shops sell urethane bumper repair kits.
    Two-part epoxy type stuff. Works quite well!

4. rc_rs_ss

rc_rs_ss Veteran Member

If you know someone with a plastic welder you weld in a new patch. We welded two pieces together at school the other week and no one could break or rip it. The instructor put 50 bucks on the table for anyone who could.