USPS strikes again!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Jul 22, 2019.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I purchased a product on Ebay about 4 days ago. I wasn't given the location it was being shipped from. I looked today and it was shipped from Sanford, Florida.....about 1/2 hour from my apartment. I followed the tracking and the package is presently in Houston, Texas!!! After leaving Sanford, it was shipped to Port St. Lucie - that's south towards the Miami area. Then off to the airport. Then to Houston. I've NEVER had problems with USPS anywhere else. Here in Florida its sucks!

2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I kind of wonder at times if they don't route items occasionally through low traffic hubs or office's to try and prop them up.

3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I’ve had a package go from east coast to west coast before coming back to Chicagoland.

I bought a tailgate light bar from my truck from JC Whitney, it went from 75 west of me to 75 miles north to Milwaukee before coming back.
    It literally had to pass by my house.

4. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

Sure its inefficient, but what does it matter as long as you get the item within the delivery window?

I've seen them hold on to packages for days at a single facility so it gets there within the Parcel Select window instead of the Priority Mail delivery window.

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a package that's been sitting at USPS distribution center in Chattanooga, TN, 15 miles from my house, since Jul 11th. :rolleyes:

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I guess I've been lucky. All the packages I get through USPS get here on time or early. Good shape too. UPS now, I got a radiator once that was bent nearly double. My packages were usually dumped by the street. USPS either puts it in the mailbox or by my back door. I do watch the tracking and they seem to come straight here.

7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I've lately got a couple packages via USPS on Sunday. Sure seems strange to me....

8. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They got me too. Had a strut bar shipped via FedEx, its handed off to UPS for delivery. Said its out for delivery, mail comes no strut bar. Little while later I get a text showing delivered, but I never received anything. An hour later someone comes knocking at my door, its someone from my neighborhood bringing me my package that was delivered to them. Then the next day my neighbor comes out as I'm coming home and gives me a stack of mail they delivered to them.

I went to the USPS website and filed a complaint, too many times I've had them say they delivered items and they come a day or two later. One time I ordered a set of PST bushings and it was in a small box but the driver didn't deliver them because she said it was too heavy, I ended up having to go pick them up at the post office.

9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

hahah....wait till you deal with AMAZON!!!

10. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I ordered a cover for my wife’s IPad. 1st one showed the delivery truck was 2 blocks north. Package never came, they listed lost.
    The 2nd package says it was delivered, with a picture of a front porch that wasn’t mine.
    The 3rd Time was a charm, and a day later the 1st one arrived.