Vincent's 72. "EL Maro"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by broahnazki, Oct 16, 2016.

1. broahnazki

broahnazki Veteran Member

Had my fuel pump come in. I had ordered this thing a while back and summit was kind enough to exchange it with the correct one at no extra charge. No I don't care about mixing jegs and summit as u can see in the pic. I Checked over all my fittings and decided on using riveted nuts on the car to clamp the fuel hose as well as the filter/regulator. Also Since I can only do bodywork on the weekends that's what I'll do and during the week I'll start taking on small jobs. I need a game plan to get it running by the time summer rolls around. There's definitely a classic car scene here in Washington (Seattle area) it's like a rainy LA and I'd hate to miss out on it this summer. Btw I'd like to thank coverman66 on YouTube not sure if he's a member here but this guy has A lot of knowledge with Ls swaps should check out his channel, has tons of content. IMG_0821.JPG

2. broahnazki

Well guys I finally sprayed some primer over the quarter. I know I haven't updated on the bodywork these past weeks as I went home so I didn't touch the car. Anyways here's what I did and how it sits. I'm literally updating as I'm doing it right now

IMG_0831.JPG IMG_0832.JPG IMG_0834.JPG

3. broahnazki

Well my phone service sucks in the booth. I don't know it didn't send the update... well here's some more pictures. This is 4hrs later. I set it to cure in the booth so.. IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0837.JPG IMG_0839.JPG

4. webfeet69

webfeet69 New Member

Very nice!

5. broahnazki

Thanks

6. broahnazki

Hey guys I'm back I know I haven't posted in a bit. I haven't really been able to put some work on the car with work and everything in between . So I began sanding down the doors (pass side) and if you guys have been following my thread you'd see that I did a bit of work to them well now I started to block them and so far so good, I also put an old hacked up hood on the car to see how much and where would I cut to make the intake fit and I gotta admit I was pretty surprised that it barely needs any work to it. I did however realize that I have solid body bushings and I have them at the Lowest level all around so I may flip them and see what else I may need to do? IMG_1038.JPG IMG_1043.JPG IMG_1044.JPG

Attached Files:

7. broahnazki

Well it's about freaking time! It's been a while since I've posted but I've just been buisy. I layed three coats of primer today now just a guide coat and see where I'm at IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1412.JPG IMG_1413.JPG

8. 7/3-SplitRS

7/3-SplitRS Veteran Member

Just read your entire thread, been making some really fast progress with this thing and have covered a lot in a short amount of time. My daughter is in Silverdale WA, she is in the navy.

I appreciate your service to our country, will be following the thread. Looking Good!

9. broahnazki

So I was sanding the trunk lid and the low spots are very weird, is the trunk lid supposed to be like this? As in "dip" on the upper corners? IMG_1427.JPG IMG_1428.JPG

10. broahnazki

Well guys I kinda hit the car hard this weekend, sand blasted a few parts and primed em, took the mirrors apart, blasted the wheels and Finnished the door, finally! hopefully I get the paint for the wheels this week aswell as some sealer to start getting this thing painted! I'm at the stage where I just want to Finnish this thing! IMG_1452.JPG IMG_1453.JPG IMG_1454.JPG IMG_1455.JPG IMG_1463.JPG IMG_1464.JPG IMG_1465.JPG IMG_1466.JPG IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1471.JPG