Vincent's 72. "EL Maro"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by broahnazki, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ReorangeCamaro

ReorangeCamaro Veteran Member

Wow. Just read your whole thread. Things are shaping up nicely. Your progress is exceptional. That's a very nice car. Just curious if you're replacing it with stripes or leaving it without?

Also...I was on the fence with my car as to whether to go with a red orange (hugger orange very close to factory) or brighter truer orange. In the end I would have been very happy with either. I'm just happy it's in living color! And now I'm thinking about my next Camaro to be in blue and white. That's the opposite color on the color wheel. Lol!

2. broahnazki

broahnazki Veteran Member

Thanks. Yea I do plan on going with stripes and the blacked out tail panel I went to the local paint supply store when I was home and had them match the color.. it turned out a lot brighter than I thought but oh well it's growing in me. Same here man I'm looking to build anathor one in midnight blue with white, kinda like a Baldwin motion clone but that's far down the road. I'm ready to enjoy this thing already.

steve vuk likes this.
  3. broahnazki

IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0516.JPG

Did a bit of alignment to the doors and fenders got quite frustrating but it's going. Also painted the cowl panel

4. broahnazki

IMG_0406.JPG

Well the box says it. This is the master body bolts kit from AMK and honest review I like it. It has every single bolt for the body took out the guessing in bolting everything back up

Scottyd likes this.
  5. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Great progress. Engine looks great! Nice work.

6. broahnazki

Thank you. Now looking back through my posts I now realize how much I've done to this thing.

7. broahnazki

IMG_0603.JPG Had a few parts come in. It was a late Valentine's Day gift haha

8. broahnazki

IMG_0622.JPG So I Had the car out for the first time in a while. Decided to jump in on a bit of panel work.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  9. broahnazki

IMG_0629.JPG IMG_0627.JPG Had to prep a few things as I didn't plan on doing this. It was more of a "in the moment" type of thing.

10. broahnazki

51035166965__7AEA98AB-076E-4868-B265-8CB8FCFC68CE.JPG and the hole is out, this part has been haunting me. Man I hope this goes well . If there's one thing I've learned with cars is that you can't be afraid. JUST DO IT! Plus I have this awsome forum to help me out. IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0631.JPG If you look through my post on the early pics you'd see the load of body filler in this area, so glad I sandblasted this car.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017