Virus? Microsoft alert? With W10 OS?

Discussion in 'NastyZ28 Gamers & Computer Gurus' started by tom3, May 31, 2018.

1. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

LOL then plenty of time to have done that work!!! :crazy:
    Just wanted to clarify, its not about the pop up being seen or not in these cases. You can have server software installed on your machine routing god knows what though your machine, or your machine could be compromised as part of a bot army used in DDOS attacks or just used to spread the virus, you could have a key logger installed harvesting passwords, credit card and personal info, or maybe something not too evil but your machine could be compromised and used as part of bitcoin mining operation. In short you don't know whats going on and until you make yourself safe you can't consider that machine secure.
    I've seen similar infections to the screenshots and had to remove SQL server software along with other software that was installed the same day that was surreptitiously installed and set to run on start up with no notifications. While i wasn't able to tell what all was set up in those cases and i wasn't paid to figure it out. I can tell you SQL is a database. That alone lets you know that the machine its installed on is being sent and sending data to and from someone somewhere. I don't know about you but i don't think that's cool lol.
    Virus's these days can do a lot more than just inconvenience you. They can increase wear on you PC parts even burn them out, involve you in crimes such as distributing CP or using your machine to DDOS a hospital causing people to die for instance or letting your machine be used a hub to distribute other peoples virus's for whatever they want to do, as well as steal your identity and then they can still do regular virus stuff such as ransomware or deleting files.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Yeah, but Windows 8 is impervious to all this stuff, right? Not to worry.

3. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

LOL! Win 8 is like the Win ME of the 21st century.

Maybe not that bad, but it is a transitional OS, best to skip installing and move on to Win 10. I think MS even likes to pretend it doesn't exist!