Vortec Intake reccommendations

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by SavingTheBird76, May 15, 2012.

1. Desert_Dick72SS

Desert_Dick72SS Veteran Member

I'm running the Weiand Stealth Air-Strike intake manifold on a ZZ383 (Fastburn Heads). I like it, but if you want to run a stock hood, it might be too tall.

-Rich

2. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

BTW, I guess I should tell you what I'm running, too. :)

I have a Weiand Action Plus+ polished intake. It's equivalent to the Performer, just prettier because it's polished. It's good up to 5,500 RPM (what it says) and that's fine. I don't rev mine much higher than that but maybe once in a blue moon.

The street manners are great, though. I have a Comp Cams 280 Magnum cam w/ Rhoads lifters, Holley 650DP, 3,000 stall, TH-350 transmission, 3.42 gears, 1-5/8" headers, 2-1/4" exhaust pipes, Thrush 2 chamber welded mufflers, and 28" tall rear tires.

The car sounds good and runs great. A lot of fun on the street without being too much trouble. I've never won any races with it, but that's because it's not a race car. It's my car. ;)

3. Damon

Damon Veteran Member

As noted above, one of the advantages of using a Summit/Weiand intake is that the power brake booster fitting is in a location that will NOT interfere with the rear fuel bowl on a Holley. The Summit-braded version just costs a few bucks less.

On the dyno tests I've seen between the Edelbrock and equivalent Weiand intake they run the same. One make 2 ft/lbs more, one make 2 HP more. That kinda difference.

4. SavingTheBird76

SavingTheBird76 Veteran Member

I love how Edelbrock engineers everything so you need to use all their accessories...another reason I hate them.
    the original Victor Edelbrock was a decent guy...his son sucks!:mad:
    I pretty much refuse to buy his stuff except for the secondary market.