WANTED: Car Jack Cover for 1971 Camaro

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Ote, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ratpatrol71z28

ratpatrol71z28 Veteran Member

Are you guys getting it from the auction that has the cover and center cap combo guy on Ebay?

2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

yes. He has some of the covers only. You may have to message him to start another cover only auction.

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I just received the jack cover and center cap combo from the guy in Florida. Really nice stuff at a great price ($100 shipped very fast), so I'm happy. I haven't compared his jack cover with the GM one I have yet, but I didn't see anything that was glaringly bad about it. The center caps are really good quality and I like that I can put my own emblems on them. Haven't compared them with the OTC NOS ones I have, but not much to lose at $20 apiece. I don't understand the GM boxes with no part number, group number, etc. that the caps came in, but I guess it's a nice touch in a way.

4. 70lt1z28

My "guess" is that maybe someone this guy knew was associated with the supplier of these parts? Having grown up in a previous GM town with lots of suppliers, I knew of several friends whose folks worked at injection molding-metal stamping suppliers. There were endless amounts of parts for GM cars floating around. I remember one guy whose dad owned a molding shop that made the plastic master cylinder reservoir during the 80's and he had hundreds of those things in a shed out back. Nothing wrong with them. Made during mold trials. They were going to eventually be reground but for awhile they were there.

5. 70lt1z28

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I'm not crazy about seeing trim tags and the like for sale. Not something I would do.

7. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

That would be high dollar wall art for me.

ratpatrol71z28 likes this.
  8. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There are others selling them for much more, or you can have a new one made for $325

9. ratpatrol71z28

ratpatrol71z28 Veteran Member

Going to start my Picasso Camaro Wall with all of the rarest trim tags every made :) !!!

10. 70RamAirIII

70RamAirIII Pontiac-aholic

I know I'm late to the party, but the end on this one is not how I remember mine looking.

[​IMG]

I seem to remember that mine had a split end that slipped up into the end of the jack base...

If it didn't require me pulling everything out of my trunk to check, I'd verify the part number on mine.

I think I grabbed mine from a '70 Camaro back in the summer of 1995 - I only later realized that the emissions tag which read "400ci" (or something to that effect) meant it was an SS 396 car!

oh, and I looked for threads mentioning this here because I would be interested in selling my jack cover - as I recall it's not perfect, but it's a nice original example - the reason why I'd sell mine is that my car isn't a Camaro.
    ... I just don't know what a fair asking price for a nice used one might be.