Welcome to Ground Up

Discussion in 'Ground Up' started by MadMike, Feb 26, 2011.

1. twood

twood Veteran Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Glen Morris, ON Canada
    No I didnt place the order yet. So the price I got on your site for shipping isnt right after all. I wanted to see how much I get raped for ordering from the States. At least you could kiss me first...LOL
    Can you tell me if the duty and taxes is charged to you and then you put it on my credit card?
    Thanx for the quick responses...

2. Ground Up

Ground Up Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    LOL

Yeah right now our online shipping calculator only can calculate shipping within the US... it doesn't work for international orders so we normally just contact the customer to give them the international shipping quote before shipping anything.

We don't charge for the duty and taxes. The customer would have to take care of that at the border. We only charge for the shipping and handling.

3. twood

twood Veteran Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Glen Morris, ON Canada
    Good Day
    I was online yesterday and I think I found out why the numbers were different from what you said and the quote that was given to me on your site....
    There is a brokerage fee from ups or fedex that no one mentions. Only usps doesnt charge this. I came upon this page that also gives an amount for the duty that is charged at the border. With the free trade agreement, if the part isnt made in the usa, then duty is charged.
    Here is the link to the calculater. This should help us Canadians to know how much to get parts sent to us http://www.thefinalcost.com/shipments/calculate/
    I hope this takes some of the confusion out of the cost to import parts into Canada

4. Something like that for Germany would be awesome.