What is the biggest wheel/tire you got to fit?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Matt Conte, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Matt Conte

Matt Conte Veteran Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Phoenix,Az
    Has any of you 2nd genners put a huge tire under the rear of your Camaro?
    I was wondering. I would like to put the biggest tire I can in the rear without a backhalf and narrowed rear end. I was thinking about mini tubbing it and inboarding the shocks. I do not want to relocate the springs.
    Has anyone done something like this? If so, what size tires did you go with and what wheel back spacing and size did you get to fit? I also am going with the classic look. 15 inch wheels. No biggies for this one.
    thanks
    Matt

2. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 8, 2001
    san bernardino calif

^ +1 on that .........you'll find all kinds of info on tire fitment and sizes

this is my camaro with N50-15's mounted on vintage ansen sprint slots with 3-1/8th BS

[​IMG]

4. Matt Conte

Matt Conte Veteran Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Phoenix,Az
    Thanks guys
    muscl car
    Can you still get those old style bias ply tires? Back about 12 years ago when my Camaro was onthe road. I ran either N50s or N60s I cannot remember. Back then I ran Crager SSs. here is the only pic I have of the car back then.
    [​IMG]
    I also have a set of vintage Ansen Sprints.

5. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think with rolling the fender lip and the right offset you can get 305's inside the wheelwell but its tight.

6. BlueCamaro

BlueCamaro Veteran Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Arvada, Colorado
    I was able to get 315s to fit.. no rolling. But I needed longer threads on the rear axle and had to adjust the rear shocks and get wheel spacers... sounds like a lot of work, but it was easy work.

17x11" with 5.75" BS

7. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 8, 2001
    san bernardino calif

yep they're stil widely available from either mickeythompson or pro-trac and found at summit racing.com