what is this?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Goat, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This is one of the differentials I bought to rebuild for replacing the 2.73's that are in the Jeep now (replacing r&p thread posted last week...). The guy I bought it from says it had a Locker - never had one, not sure what they look like. Also it looks as though part of the area around the spring has sheared off. The other side looks the same. Assuming this is a door stop now?

thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The seller didn't lie... That is a "Locker" differential.

Attach some 1/2" nylon rope to it and it will make a nice anchor for a small boat. :(

3. big gear head

big gear head Veteran Member

Looks like a copy of the Power Trax Lock Right. I think one of the pins broke and caused that chunk to break out. The pin in that hole is supposed to go from one half to the other, but this one looks like it's only in one half.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

It’s a lock right. A simple direct install to make an open carrier limited slip. They work great, quick install, but a little jerky at slow speed cornering.

5. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks guys. I mostly bought the rear end for the housing to build a replacement for what is now in the jeep. I was hoping that maybe there were some internals that I might could use. Looks like the original plan is still intact... :)