What master would you use??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by onerealZ, Apr 7, 2013.

1. onerealZ

onerealZ Veteran Member

So seems like everyone has their own opinion on this, im going to be doing a ls1 rear disc swap on my 79, Ive searched about what master cylinder everyone uses with power 4 wheel discs and have seen a million answers. So from my searching what would be my best bet?

80 T/a disc/disc master
    early 70's vette disc/disc master
    82 vette disc/disc master

my only debate is i would like to keep my stock brake booster and some people say they feel the brakes are fine with the t/a master and stock booster?
    any help to clearify my searching would be great thanks

2. DentDude

DentDude Veteran Member

My 2 cents..at the end of the day,any of those set-ups will work as I've seen them all installed on various cars...and they work. On my 79 I'm still using the stock master/booster combo..it works fine,I just changed the proportioning valve to a 4 disc set-up. I think in theory you want a 1 1/8 bore master,but again,its not a must.My car is just a weekend cruiser,if you're building a competition car,you may wanna upgrade to 1 1/8 bore master for sure

3. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I used a 79 T/A master when I had them on my car

4. onerealZ

onerealZ Veteran Member

hey 5spd why did you take them off? and i assume you used your stock booster with the t/a master?