What sensors for LS1 intake?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by OsborneConst, Jul 23, 2012.

1. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have an LQ4 truck engine with an LS1 intake, LS1 injectors, and fuel rail. I still have the stock truck intake, but I dont think any of the sensors will switch over. So my question is, what sensors do I need (part numbers would be awesome) and am I going to need to modify the truck harness for any of them? Or if anybody has a good link with info that would be great too. Thanks in advance!

2. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

The only sensor that I can think of in the intake itself is the map sensor, and I believe the wiring harness for the truck computer will plug into the ls1 map sensor. It is probably a different sensor though, so your tune would need adjusted with the proper offsets and such

3. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

^ Agreed, the only thing I know of would be a mass airflow sensor mounted at the front of the air intake system, but the injectors will need to be in the tune as well, different engines use different injectors. Other than that use all the truck sensors on the engine that pertains to a stand alone ls swap

I'm using the LS1 intake on my 5.3 with LS1 350 injectors and a truck mass air flow sensor and all of this is "supposed" to be corrected in my tune.

Here's some info from www.lt1swap.com

http://www.lt1swap.com/inj_maf.htm

4. camarochevy1970

There is a MAP in the intake, and a MAF in the intake ducting coming from the air filter. Two different sensors, you can run without a MAF, but a MAP is important

5. OsborneConst

I have the truck MAF, so that isn't an issue, and I knew I needed the MAP, but IIRC I have more "holes" that need something in them. I will try to get a picture later and see what goes where. Thanks!

6. camarochevy1970

You shouldn't have more holes, unless you are referring to the vacuum line connections in the back for the brake booster and the heater controls.

Then the throttle body has some sensors as well, but assuming we were talking about the separately.

7. OsborneConst

It is the stuff in the back that I haven't figured out. I am running a Hydra-boost brake system, so I should just be able just hook up the heater controls.

The sensors on the DBW throttle body are integral, so I am all set on those. Thanks!

8. OsborneConst

So I have the MAP hooked up, and have the MAF all set, but I still have one hole I don't know what is supposed to go in it. It is right behind the throttle body on the top side, and is about 1 inch in diameter. It is open right into the main part of the intake.

9. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

this is my 01 Z28 . LS1 with the LS6 intake from the factory . do you see it here ? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. OsborneConst

No, I don't see it in that picture. It doesn't look like yours has anything there. It is in the center of the intake left to right, on top, behind the throttle body, in front of the first runner.