What shocks do you recommend for this set up

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by perkalator, Oct 24, 2016.

1. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

I've ordered Eibach 2" progressive rate lowering springs for the front. It will have stock arms and poly bushings. The rear will be a hotchkis 2408c 1.5" lowering kit to include shackles and everything. I'm looking for a good ride on the street and the occasion hard launch for fun. What brand and length shocks are you running with a similiar set up.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've never heard of Dina Hair springs before

3. perkalator

Auto correct stinks. Eibach. I made it in to edit before the 30minute window.

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Bilstein, Koni, Viking, just to name a few to start with, With shocks, they get better the more you pay for them. I've heard to avoid KYB, and I haven't tried them. I can say that with delrin bushing on the front, you can move the a-arms with you finger.

5. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's the same setup I'm running except I have steel bushings in my lower arms and aftermarket adjustable upper arms. For shocks I got mine from Keith at Customworks. They're AFCO's and I love my combination.

6. perkalator

Thanks also does anyone have the compressed and extended lengths of the shocks their using with roughly a 2" drop all the way around

7. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

8. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you're concerned these shock will bottom out with 2" drop springs, I have not experienced that issue. I'm at least 2" down all the way around using Koni shocks and would expect others to be the same.

9. perkalator

Thanks corke, i think ive decided on the hotchkis 1.5 shock kit. Man what happend to the days when you could by good shocks for 40 bucks each. Lol

10. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Me too...I have the white body KYBs currently and they are stock length but my car is quite a bit lower....rides good, no bottoming. I have a 700# spring in the front now, but even with the previous lesser rate springs, I never did bottom the shocks out. The front tires hit the fender liner before the shocks or suspension bottomed out.