What tank of high hp applications

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Power, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Power

Power Veteran Member

I'm doing a turbo build on my street car. Is there a stock replacement that has a built in fuel pump that will hold up to 600-650rwhp? I know I could get a out side pump and sump my current tank but I'm having a hard time finding a local shop to cut and weld on a used tank?

2. global warmer

global warmer Veteran Member

look up aeromotive stealth tank it's a drop in pump for the stock tank supports more then 650hp

3. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

I think Global_Warmer meant the Aeromotive "Phantom 340 Pump" which fits any stock tank.
    Aeromotive is also starting to make complete tanks with that pump available for a variety of cars. Mostly A-body. They list one for 67-69 Camaros too, but nothing yet for Gen-2.

My current plan is a brand new tank for my '81 and the Phantom 340.

4. pronova1203

pronova1203 Member

wash the tank out with water , pump co2 from a small engine exhaust into it and find a buddy to weld it up, ive done several, other option is new tank, or fuel cell, alot of giys running the bosch external in single or dual to 6-800 hp some are doing triple internal pumps in the factory tanks , i dont like pulling tanks down for pump malfunction;)