What the hell Autozone?!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by John w/2 Z's, May 13, 2018.

1. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

I couldn't help but think of "Tommy Boy" when I read this.

2. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I bought a starter for my wife's blazer and 9 months later it failed and the guy at Autozone tried to tell me that was not their starter. glad I took pictures that day and marked it before I put it in the truck. I put up such a fuss the manager gave me my money back. Never went there again. Next starter was from D.B. Electrical for $40 brand new, it got lost in the mail called them back after 2 weeks they send another one, then out of the blue the first one showed up a month later, called DB back said "send me a red tag I'll send it back", guy said just keep it we don't want to go through all that. Now that's customer service. I have been buying all my starters and alts there since then.

3. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    advanced also owns carquest now

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Stores are merging to increase their buying power. They need to purchase cheaper so they can better compete with online stores. They can also use one main warehouse to access more parts the same day as an advantage over next day, maybe longer, shipping.

5. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

I ben buying my camaro parts from engine shop I got motor done. They ben matching jegs or summit . Not sure how they are still making money because they do mark up the price but I get lower. Just trying to keep them in buisness.

6. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I lookup the parts online first so I have the p/n in hand. Every part gets opened on the counter before I purchase and if it's something they can test there, I have them do it. I had the pleasure of installing three dead alternators into my mother's car. Ended up rebuilding the oem one for $30 and an hours time.

Advance is ten times better then autozone here. While waiting at the counter, t gee autozone kids were discussing prices and quality of the cannibus they purchased. While I'm pro pot, there's a time and a place which isn't while a customer is standing around waiting for service. Advance employees seem to try even if there not on point every time.

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I like to use who ever has the parts that is close to me for the best price. I search online and find out where its made. Try to only buy USA but a Honda is going to be from elsewhere. Most of the time I go to The Orielly's less than a mile from me. They do have some good people there. One girl corrected me on what trans I had in my Van. She asked me to provide the VIN to verify. She was on top of her game. I needed an extension housing seal. She prevented me from ordering the wrong part.

8. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

Just go to Walmart and by the Supertech Carb cleaner for $1.97. I never buy anything from AutoZone!!!!

9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

The part(s) I need and how fast I need it determine where I get it from. Almost always look it up on their website 1st...then call the store to make somebody put their hands on it before I go.

The main think I prefer about Advance is their online coupons and reward member discounts.

10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Quality brand is my first concern, price and availability factor in after that. I gotta be in a damn tight spot to buy anything from O'riely's or Vatozone. I'm lucky enough to get a big discount on factory GM stuff. I never buy house or economy line stuff because it jut doesn't last or fit well more often than not. Doing it twice always costs more.