What's it worth ....... 1973 Type LT Z/28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by yenkocloner, May 19, 2018.

1. yenkocloner

yenkocloner Member

Real deal 3 owner 73 Type LT Z/28. Has Z/28 on the cowl tag and a T in the vin. Non original engine but it is an actual CKU suffix 1973 nova block. Engine has Dart heads, gear drive, small street cam, headers /duals ect ....... T350 auto trans, stock 10 bolt. Car runs and drives great. Non A/C car with ps,pb, rear defroster, full gauges. Real nice interior but the seats were done in a dark gray/black velour. Real nice, but very 80's. Car was originally Silver but repainted once about 10 yrs ago orange and is a decent 20 footer. BOTH side frame rails are starting to go in the front, not horrible, but certainly not good either, floors and trunk are great.

I'm a body guy so the rails don't really scare me, but the full repop rails are pricey and I only need a small section. Patch it up, and its a patched up rail .......

Quarters are nice, I'd skin the doors and go with repop fenders and it would be a real nice car.

Any ideas on value as is ???

Thanks !!!!

2. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

How much is the guy asking?

How much it's "worth" is a tough question to answer because it will depend much on how well you like the car & if you plan to fix it for the sake of keeping it as opposed to making a buck. Driveable but missing the L82 & turbo 400 I'm thinking an otherwise decent 73z type LT is in the 5-6k range.

3. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

Tough to guess without photos. The fact that it's a real LT Z-28 is nice, but the replacement motor, re-done interior, and color change almost negate any value associated with it being a "real" LT/Z.