whats up with everyones lsx projects?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by RICARDO1969, Sep 17, 2011.

1. RICARDO1969

RICARDO1969 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Whats up with everyone's LSx projects? kinda quiet in here lately. :bowtie:

2. 1970camaroRS

1970camaroRS Veteran Member

Mine is running and tuned a bit. Waiting for a nice weekend that I'm not stuck at work to take it to the track (before they close for the year!)

3. RICARDO1969

SWEET!
    I should have a new project soon :) keeping it under wraps don't want to jinks myself.

4. usmcz28

usmcz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just put my engine back together after waiting for my custom cam. Front fenders and nose are off the car so I can test fit everything without leaning over the fenders. This will also give me a chance to clean the engine bay and paint it.

HOPEFULLY in the spring I will have all of the suspension parts I'll need to redo it. This winter my goals are to do the Rear disc swap, pull the gas tank and get it working and ready for the engine install. Save up for a new stall and some hard parts for the transmission. I still have to fab the crossover and scrounge some money for an exhaust as mine was 20 years old and showing it's age.

I have the gauges out and I will be swapping in some Autometer ones when ever I get around to it. Oh and I'll desperately need to paint the car one of these days as the laquer is starting to spider and crack on the passenger side.

5. 7T3LS1

7T3LS1 Veteran Member

It's done except for having the A/C charged. Doug's headers had it for many weeks using it to develop headers that I assume will be on the market soon. I'm looking forward to taking it to the Crusin' for a Cure show next Saturday.

6. 383Camaro79

383Camaro79 Veteran Member

just swapped my trans from a T56 to a TH400 need to get it re-tuned it dont like starting & idling anymore.

7. southview

southview Veteran Member

motor and trans are set.need to finish wiring in cp fuse box to ls1 wiring.have had everything i need to get it running except the drive and time.LOST MY MOJO!!Anyone close welcome to help get me started again?

8. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

I dont have an lsx project, I decided not to go with the engine "touched by the
    hand of God himself". My LT1 project is going well, I am laying out the wiring, I
    used 1 inch split loom for the firewall pass thru, and found a nice flexible firewall
    grommet on the Firebird harness I swiped. Things have slowed a little, since my
    focus went to repairing some interior items while everything is apart. I installed
    a new heater core, since I KNEW it would fail once the new carpet was in. Now
    I am going to repaint the rear plastic panels, replace the package tray, the dome
    light, front speaker, door rubber (upper and lower) and door glass wipes .....

Tom

9. RICARDO1969

sorry this thread is for LSx only.

just kidding:) lol funny i just did my heater core, took the heater assembly sand blasted all the internals put new seals in, looks newski!

10. usmcz28

usmcz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Where'd you go through for the gaskets and everything, I just got a goo dlook at mine and it has about 30 years of Smegma tucked away in there.