Wheel fitment in AZ

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by dcozzi, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah, it looks pretty simple in design, if you can use a tape measure and live without the calibrations on it, that would simplify it greatly.

I was thinking it could be made out of hardwood.

Good luck with it and keep us posted. :D

2. Philip

Philip Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 30, 2006
    Marana, AZ
    You are over complicating a simple process. Having the tires you will be using as a guide to bending the wire on the Percy tool will work fine. Using the wire on the tool shaped to the tire will reveal any interference points.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    C'mon Philip, you know how we like to overcomplicate things here at the Nasty. (Kidding!)

I would like to give this a shot before I call out any favors. It's like when I was calculating Moog springs rather than just buying Hotchkis or the like. I have a weird DIY bug that sometimes becomes an obsession. I'll post any success or failure this weekend.

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    No progress this weekend. Yeah, I was a lame. Adjusted the window glass on both doors, installed Metro door seal, drip rail and B-pillar chrome on driver's side instead. Also, disassembled and cleaned both door panels.

I should know by now that just because the car is closer to complete, it still needs a lot more things done. All parts need to be refurb'd and deep cleaned before I can stick them back on too.