Wheel Poll

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by dcozzi, Jan 15, 2020.

Which wheel looks best?

1. Solid Spoke

48.7%
  2. Split Spoke

43.6%
  3. Split Spoke w/Exposed Hardware

7.7%
  1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I am, finally, getting wheels for my car. I would like to know your thoughts about which ones to get. I have it narrowed down to 3 designs from Boze Forged. They will have gunmetal centers and the lip will be brushed or polished.
    Please vote on which wheel you like the best and comment on your recommended finish.

Credit to my sister for chopping the images. She is a graphic artist so what takes me and hour and looks like crap, takes her 10 min. and looks wonderful.
    champ wheels bigger.jpg
    torque wheels bigger.jpg
    splitter wheels bigger.jpg

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

Without seeing the pictures, I thought for sure I would vote solid all the way. However, looking at the pictures, the split spokes look great, and the ones with exposed hardware I though might be too busy looking, but they are a nice contrast to the plain theme of your car. To my eye, they compliment the car rather than working against it.

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Love the first two on your car Dave. I will never buy wheels again with exposed hardware. They don't stay "perfect" looking for long if you use the car.

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Yeah, I plan on driving it a lot so the gunmetal center may offset the grime on the hardware. I keep looking at the pics and I just cannot decide to save my life. They all look pretty nice.

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I voted for the solid spokes because they are the closest to a Z28 mag. BTW, I would like them even more if the rims were black.
    The split spoke looks too brittle to me and the split spoke with the hardware reminds me of a hamster wheel for some reason.

What kind of hood do you have on your car? It sort of looks like you have a small scoop on there or maybe it's the background throwing me off.

Gorgeous car, BTW! :bowtie:

dcozzi likes this.
  6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I like the second pic. I have similar wheels with black centers.

7. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

3rd pic for me. I like the exposed hardware look.

8. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Thank you!

The hood is an old fiberglass I bought from.............wait for it..........JC Whitney. It is like a cowl hood melted and more of a cowl bulge hood. I had big aspirations when I bought it and it said it would fit supercharger (I assume a Paxton), turbos etc. It actually looks real good on the car and I have never seen another one like it. It fit like crap and had to have lots of notches cut into the underside to make it fit.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Zstar and BillyDean7173 like this.
  9. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Solid spoke because it’s the strongest.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  10. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I used to look through that catalog for hours. Really wanted the rear glass louvers back in the day.
    I just tried looking at most of your project thread for your hood but it was sitting on the roof. You should post a full pic of it someday. Bet it looks cool.