Wheel Poll

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by dcozzi, Jan 15, 2020.

Which wheel looks best?

1. Solid Spoke

48.7%
  2. Split Spoke

43.6%
  3. Split Spoke w/Exposed Hardware

7.7%
  1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Any other comments on color? Mostly the lips. I am wondering if brushed lip with gunmetal center would look too dull. I was planning gunmetal center with polished lip.
    I will not do black centers.

2. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

solid spokes, brushed lip, gunmetal centers

or all gunmetal or all brushed...I don't like shiny

on a driver a NON shiny lip makes the most sense...easy to fix any minor lip rash

just my opinion

dcozzi likes this.
  3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I value all opinions ESPECIALLY when based on facts or presented with solid reasoning. Thank you for that. I am basically playing devil's advocate with myself on this decision. Trying to see all sides and prevent a major oversight on my part since it is a huge expense for me.

All gunmetal might look cool. It might look like plasti dip.

Getting a solid spoke design may facilitate a cheaper wheel like Rocket (price cheaper not quality I'm sure).

Trying to see all sides of the equation but still trust my eyecrometer on how they will look.

351maverick likes this.
  4. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Solid spoke. I would think the exposed hardware would be a bugger to keep clean with a lot of driving. It would be interesting to see how the gunmetal, charcoal or the black finish would look?

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm anti-shine!!! so colored center (split spokes look nice as they are meaty enough) 50/50 on a machined lip. It needs a little something..but some wheels machine from the spoke all the way out.. :(

here is what I am looking at doing for my Bird in a dark charcoal or satin black..with only machined RING

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  6. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I like the way the spokes are directly into the hoop. It can make it look like the wheel is bigger than it really is cuz there's no wasted space between the two.

7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I like the gunmetal split spokes and for sure a polished rim. Otherwise just go with all black as the current trend demands. I hate black alloy wheels though. Nice looking car, real clean functional look.

8. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I have decided on color and finish at least. Brushed satin inner with polished lip.
    Looks like the split spoke is gaining ground and not many really like the exposed hardware option.
    I never even considered a black center. Not a fan and not enough black on the car to tie it in to.

9. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Congrats on the color selection.
    These ones I think I'm gonna go with once I get to that point. I'm either doing charcoal or gun metal. I did just notice the smoked brushed.ight not be a bad look either. clutch1.gif

dcozzi likes this.
  10. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Split spokes. I am buying the Billet Specialties Challenger for mine.