Wheel studs won’t go in moser axles.

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by VandykeT/A, Mar 26, 2020 at 6:42 PM.

1. VandykeT/A

VandykeT/A Member

I bought a set of 30 spline moser direct replacement axles for my 80 and I cannot get the wheel studs pulled in. I have Dorman 610-025 and I’ve busted 2 shanked old lug nuts trying to pull them in. My cakes have a thread hole and a blank drilled hole. Are these the right studs? I’m going to get a new open ended nut and try it again but anybody else had this problem?

2. VandykeT/A

VandykeT/A Member

Well I figured it out. I’m an idiot. Some how I ordered front studs.

dave@ztech likes this.
  3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Never had a problem installing studs. With the correct stud and a installer like I have, very minimal torque required to pull them through. Glad you figured it out before you damaged anything or compromised the studs.

4. VandykeT/A

VandykeT/A Member

I’ve always just oiled the stud and hole and pulled them in with a lug nut and never had a problem. The front studs are something like .090 bigger than the rear. That was my problem.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I use the Lisle too. If you have rotational friction it puts stress on the stud plus its harder to pull through. The tool allows you to simply pull it up and through and its very smooth.