Where can you get OEM style engine clamshell mounts?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 76BumblBRally, Aug 9, 2010.

1. 76BumblBRally

76BumblBRally Veteran Member

Thanks to everybody for the responses, I PM'd JONESYFXR about his set. Does anyone know if an aftermarket compnay makes these?

2. osxrules

osxrules Member

i got mine from ebay OER made them they were for a 79 350 it took me quite a bit of searching to actually find them.

3. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Ugh, wish I had seen this a few weeks ago. Bought some of the A, B, X body clamshells and just went to test fit them... Not going to work. Looks like a trip to Classic Industries for the RIGHT mounts is in order for Saturday so I can install my engine on Sunday.

4. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Just to add to the mess of different clamshells, I have a set of G body ones in my Camaro. The engine sits quite well, slightly further back then prior and 1/4” or so lower.

5. jeff swisher

jeff swisher Veteran Member

I usually have to make my mounts consider yourselves lucky you can buy them.
    47 dodge with 1980 pinto front suspension with 2/3 rectangular tubing grafted into it and chevy engine.
    No mounts.
    1975 Mustang with 350 Buick engine. And 1956 Bel Air with 200 inline 6 ford from 80 mustang. No mounts.

Maybe I should quit putting things together I have laying around :)
    Big hammer and a few different welders and many things will fit.

6. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

To add insult to injury, the ARP motor mount bolts I bought were too short. Had to buy Dorman bolts from Autozone... had to go to two different Autozone stores each store only had one bolt :/

7. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Isn’t that how it goes? I understand your hardware and motor mount troubles.
    What conglomeration of extensions and wrenches are you using to tighten those bad boys?

8. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

I didn't actually replace the rubber mounts... was planning on it but couldn't figure it how to get any wrenches in there without pulling the lower control arms. I plan on rebuilding the front end and will replace the rubber mounts when I have the control arms out.