Where to find parts in South Texas?

Discussion in 'The Great State of Texas!' started by Teeter79Z, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Teeter79Z

Teeter79Z Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Little Elm, TX
    Hi to all!
    I recently purchased a 1979 Z28 and I am in the market for some interior items.
    I live in the San Antonio area.

Where in San Antonio, Houston, Austin, etc. can I get 2nd gen. parts?
    I would like to deal with actual places where I can go and see/feel the parts before I buy. Buying over the internet seems a little scary when dealing with an unknown business/person.

I am in the need for several black interior items and some various eletrical pieces.

The car can not be driven on the street until I can get some of the safety items working.

Do you south Texas guys know of any good places to deal with?

Thanks for your advise!

2. noj akrog

noj akrog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Richmond, Tx.
    post your needs and chances are someone will have them...there's members all the way from the valley, to Corpus, SA, Austin and over to H town and beyond. Also, there's the Rosanky swap meet and show at the car museum coming up weekend after Labor day. I scored some NICE second gen parts there last year.

3. Strange81Z

Strange81Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 29, 2001
    Amarillo, Tx
    I would incourage you to buy from the swap meet section here on the board. I have bought tons of stuff off the board. 99% of the people here are honest and you get what you pay for. Just make sure that they have been around for a while. Don't buy from a new member.

4. Jet

Jet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The last Sunday of every month, there is a swap meet at the Pig Stand restaurant on Broadway downtown in San Antonio. Obviously, I can't say you'll find what you need there, but perhaps you can get a few leads on local parts.

5. raddroxx

raddroxx Veteran Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Welcome aboard. I see you're in Schertz. That's where my wife's brother lives. Not too far from Marion, where San Antonio Raceway is. Great track for drag racing.

------------------
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND HOLD ON!!!

6. Teeter79Z

Teeter79Z Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Little Elm, TX
    Thanks for your replies.

I was in hopes that someone had dealt with a salvage yard and would say there were loads of camaro there for the picking. [​IMG]

I do appreciate the info.
    noj akrog- Where specifically is this swap meet? I have not heard of this meeting. Can you tell me a little more about it.

Thanks to all!!

7. noj akrog

noj akrog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Richmond, Tx.
    Rosanky Car Museum is off I-10 about 20 miles north on FM 304 (between Luling and Waelder) HUGE museum, lotta nice cars

8. WGraham

WGraham New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Kerrville,Tx. USA
    Hey There,
    You can try Pick -N- Pull and there are some other pull it yourself type yards out Hwy 16 south on the the southside of San Antonio. I don't know what they might have but it is a place to start.

Wade