which headers to use.

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Dallas camaro, May 18, 2015.

1. Dallas camaro

Dallas camaro Member

good morning nasty z28 community. i am looking for a set of long tube headers to go on my ls 5.3 that im installing in my 1980 camaro. can anyone offer any suggestions on headers/

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

From my experience, they all suck. I would look into church boys racing. They primarily sale nova/Chevy 2 stuff, but they have camaro headers

3. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

I have some new dynatechs of your interested. Think my ad fell of the active listings. Mocked the up and compared to my sbc w/hooker long tubes looked about the same. The SW do tuck a little closer.

4. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

I experiment a lot.
    First I used the 1-3/4" Edelbrock headers which were just fine. But they are no longer made.
    Currently I have the 1-7/8" Hooker headers which are very nice, but only fit with their special side-offset Hooker swap mounts.
    In the near future I plan to try the Stainless Steel Works headers.

BTW - I'd be happy to sell my Edelbrock headers for the price of shipping and a few bucks for the hassle. Includes the pipes after the headers with O2 bungs. (Update: SOLD)

Last edited: May 23, 2015