Which headers?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by tdm119, Jul 8, 2010.

1. daniel76309

daniel76309 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hmmm, small world, isn't it!

If you are referring to the 5.3...no, I didn't get it. The seller didn't really answer my questions very well for one, and then our computer crashed. Next time I could check, the listing had been pulled from Craigslist so I assume it was sold. It is just as well, I think. I think it was a pretty good deal, but not really what I wanted, and it would have cost more in the long run if I had just used it for a "dry run". I am back to plan A (LS376-480 crate motor), which is what I want but is a little pricey. I am also continuing to watch Craigslist just in case something else comes along before I am ready to order (this fall). I already have a 4L80E coming from Jake pretty soon, so I am getting pumped up about it.

I hope the headers work well for you--I'd be interested in your feedback, as I will be needing some in the near future also.

2. cubs2008

cubs2008 Veteran Member

I would like to know how these work out for you as well. I am looking for some. I also heard that full length on a lower 2nd gen could have clearnce issues, can anyone confirm this.

3. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

full length on anything lowered will have a clearance issue sometime/somewhere. The rep you are talking to you is just being 'safe'. I currently have full length hookers on a gen I SBC and always whacked the headers on slight rises for curbs/parking lots/ garage. Got rid of the 3 bolt flange and went to the ball and socket flange which helped significantly.
    I also have eibachs which dumps the car a little lower than I really want.

oh.. just in case anyone is looking at the corvette front end accessory drive for LS motors, I just noticed it went up about $200! guess I'll stop complaining about only saving $30 now, more like $230.

For $391, its worth a shot although I should've asked DB to post a pic of the driver side header. I saw one pic dynatech made for a 1st gen and didn't like the way one of the tubes came back parallel to the flange (toasty wires) but I believe they redid that design. you can't go wrong with edelbrocks and coated stainless. I'm sure these dynatechs will look like crap after a while just like my coated hooker super comps.

4. cubs2008

cubs2008 Veteran Member

My car is pretty low. Can these headers be ordered with the ball and socket style?

I'm not crazy about the look of the edelbrocks

5. cubs2008

cubs2008 Veteran Member

well I ordered the Dyna ones. The rep told me they come with the 4 bolt ball type flange. I will let everyone know how they look and feel as I shoulod have them friday

6. Shupe

Shupe Veteran Member

I bought the Hedman mid length and they fit and work great with no issues. I bought the uncoated ands had them ceramic coated locally. Bought them through the local Oreillys for about $325

7. ErikNORCAL

If anyone is considering ordering from the link I posted at #18, I got the box yesterday. Placed order Sunday, arrived yesterday - 3 whole days.

Just need one of us to install and report back on the fit.. I probably won't be first at that one..

8. cubs2008

cubs2008 Veteran Member

mine came in 2 days!

I'll be selling my 1 5/8 mid length coated headers from Street and performers. They also have o2 bungs welded in $200 plus shipping

9. ErikNORCAL

Hurry up and get those things installed! By the way, what is your set up and what motor plates?
    Oh the ones I ordered are in fact drop shipped from dynatech. The nice thing is it says to contact dynatech and not the seller if there is a problem with the headers.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  10. cubs2008

cubs2008 Veteran Member

It is an LS2 but has a maggy SC on top so the plates are custom (they make them now) that sits the engine lower and back so it all fits under the stock hood!