which lt1 accessories

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Camaro GT, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Camaro GT

Camaro GT Veteran Member

ok so iam building an lt1 i got for free to put in my car it doesnt have the intake so i will not be going fuel injected... i have already ordered the lt1 carb intake from gm performance and the opti spark eliminator...

what iam wondering is can i use a gen 1 dampner and run v belts and all my old accessories with an lt1 ?

also i know the waterpump is driven off the cam planning on keeping it that way

i also realize that serp belts are wildly superior i just dont have the time to scroung bone yards or the cash to buy an aftermarket setup ... if i have to go serp i guess ill have to buy everything one part at a time

2. LT1 WS6

LT1 WS6 Veteran Member

How do you plan to route Vbelts without a water pump pulley?

3. Camaro GT

Camaro GT Veteran Member

i was planning on using shorter belts and just going crank to power steering on one side then crank to alternator on the other side

hell i suppose i could even move my alternator to the left hand side and mount it below the powersteering pump but that would be a little more work

4. 130fe

130fe Member

Gen 1 SBC and LT1 (gen 2) accessories (bracketry) don't interchange. Your best best would be to find a set of F-body or b-body accessories on ebay or somewhere.