Which Radiator?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by spinedoc, Apr 18, 2017.

1. spinedoc

spinedoc Veteran Member

Putting an LS/6 speed into my 70 and I have lots of questions. Everything about this is new to me. My car was a drag car with a 468 and auto.

I am going to have a Vintage Air setup as well. What radiator do you use? I have already bought several items from Custom Works, and I like dealing with Keith. The idea of a one stop shop is attractive as well. They have a radiator/fan setup I may use.

Thanks,

2. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The stuff Keith has is nice! I just purchased a Griffen radiator that is for LS swaps in 2nd gens. I got it with the inlet and outlet both on the passenger side, which let me do a cold air intake on the drivers side. But I ran the stock radiator for a few years with no issues. I am just trying to clean everything up and keep them cross crossing. I just used these two pictures in another thread on cooling fans. In the first picture, you can see my 'custom' radiator hose, and the air intake was sitting on the radiator hose. It was causing a few tuning issues, as the air was being heated up after the MAF was telling the computer what the temp was, so it was getting a higher temp than what it thought it was. The 2nd picture is the new radiator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

4. spinedoc

spinedoc Veteran Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Can't beat my Dewitt with the LTW and SPAL 12" fans