Which Throttle Cable for LS1 Swap

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Protour-Camaro, Sep 17, 2012.

1. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Just want to point out I bought one of those eBay Lokar steel braided cables...I got the 36" trim to fit cable so it would be long enough

I haven't mounted it yet, but it does have the correct ends for our cars so other than trimming it's a bolt in deal to the stock TB bracket. Just use larger washers where it comes through the firewall.

I paid like $59 shipped...I was dreading spending the money, but I am glad I did now :bowtie:

2. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Yup, I bought the black 36" Lokar cable. Its too long for sure, could use a few inches cut off.

I went to Lowes and got large diameter washers with 5/16" holes and works perfect. I think I'm going to epoxy them down so they don't move.

3. my73Fcarproject

my73Fcarproject Member

The number for the late 90's m/carlo is 12554160

4. andrew69_04

andrew69_04 Veteran Member

the 98-02 f-body cable's are the same. There are 2 different cables used from the factory. The cable that will work with your swap is the cable for a non TCS/ASR car. The other cable is designed to work with a traction control motor and will not fit the throttle body.

If you get one new from the dealership, I believe they are ~$16