White/charcoal combos

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by TX79Z28, Jan 22, 2014.

1. TX79Z28

TX79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I believe I have FINALLY decided on the color for my 79. The body shell is in the last stages of block sanding, so I want to finalize things in my mind, but need some ideas.

I know for a fact I want to paint it white (probably '08 I believe? Corvette white), black interior, and silver/charcoal stripes/decals. My only question is regarding the wheels. I have toyed with charcoal to more or less match the stripes, or black.

Can anyone with a white car (late 2nd gen in particular) post pictures of their car with a good shot of the wheels?

Also, in your opinion what color code is the BRIGHTEST white out there? something that really pops? (no metallic or candy, HAS to be solid)

2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Something like this looks really good.

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. TX79Z28

Hi CD, well that's funny, that's actually the car that inspired my idea! I just want to see them with black and maybe even silver wheels. The rest of the car is fairly locked in my head (for now!)

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

white rims or gray ? i'd go either way ..

5. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Grey or black wheels would look good on white with charcoal graphics....it helps break up with white a bit.

If you did white wheels it may be too much and hard to keep clean either way.

I would pick a close color to the graphics and run with it

6. TX79Z28

That's where I am leaning towards, close match to the graphics. Just hoping to see some other examples...I imagine there is quite a few white cars out there....I even thought chrome..but that may "wash out" too much with the white

7. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Personally, I like charcoal/silver better than black rims on white cars. If you have a chrome trim ring, that would work, but otherwise there isnt enough to break up the color between the wheel and the tire. Looks like the car is floating on a solid black disc.

8. TX79Z28

You have no idea (well, maybe you do!) what a roller-coaster this has been just deciding what color to paint this car! which is weird, because every new car I have purchased I already knew what I wanted, or picked a color within minutes! I have made a full circle and ended up with white....after looking and sampling probably 10 colors! I am torn between GM code 10 Artic Blue (C5 vette) or the pure white BC from SPI

9. earnhardtgm3

earnhardtgm3 Veteran Member

That's my car....:) The color is 2011 Corvette White.All the exterior trim has been blacked out.Thanks CDesperado................
    [​IMG]

Wheel Pic...I used an 80-81 fuel door emblem to match the paint for the wheels.
    [​IMG]

10. TX79Z28

maybe I'm getting cars confused, I could swear that I saw it was a 2008 corvette white... are they the same color both years?