who is using EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 72406, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 72406

72406 Veteran Member

I am looking to go EFi on the BBC, I like the MSD Atomic or EZ's FAST kit:mad:

what are you guys using?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. 73Z

73Z Veteran Member

I used Accel Gen 7 on my sbc with good results but there support sucks so would not recommend them. I am using the Holley HP on my current turbo ls build and I really like it. It has good nitrous and boost control features along with a great data logger. Both the atomic and fast look like good kits though if your car is just a street cruiser. They are easy to install and setup but don't have many of the controls/features a street/strip car would need.

3. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I wouldn't trust the auto-tune ones if you have a good sized cam. It will lie to the o2 sensor. I'm going with Accel Gen7 on mine. And after playing with both port injection and TBI...port is worth the extra money.

4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dinasoar .... Holley Commander 950

LOVE it.....maybe 1 day I will get to drive it OUT of the driveway :(
    BUT...it's only been 4.5 yrs since I intalled it.
    Still have a couple things to work on......can't remember what they are but I'm sure one day I'll get to work on it again....then I'll remember....hopefully!

[youtube]ZKc5MfsT0RM[/youtube]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  5. 72406

72406 Veteran Member

the BBc has some mods and the Holley kit is looking nice

6. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

I'm building with Megasquirt 3. Full sequential injection plus a bunch of other stupid stuff that I can do to make my 30yr old pile act like a new car. Like It will run flex fuel. My favorite is called flat shift. it acts like a MSD three step. It will control burn out rpm then go on the rev limiter to launch and then while in the middle of a run I can leave my foot on the floor and it will control the rpm of the motor so I dont over rev during a shift.

7. 73Z

73Z Veteran Member

I am not sure what you mean by lying to the o2. These kits use the wideband o2 to populate the VE table instantaneously so that the actual AFR’s always match the user created AFR table. You can go on the Holley website and see a great video of how fast it happens, they pulled 50% of the fuel out of there VE table and within two full dyno pulls the ecm had corrected the table completely without any engine damage. This is the same thing all new cars use to maintain their proper AFR’s. These kit are very safe and can save your engine in certain situations. For example if you lose fuel pressure during a pass or under hard acceleration it can actually prevent the motor from leaning out and being hurt by adjusting the injector duty cycle to compensate for the fuel change. I am not very familiar with the MS3 stuff but a lot of people use it with great success.

8. purpleflame

purpleflame Veteran Member

I have the fast EZ EFI multi port on a LT4 396 Stroker, runs very well.

9. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

MS3 will do the same. It will sense low AFR and then the user can choose what it will do. Like pull timing or fuel. On a boosted motor is can trip a boost controller to dump boost in a lean condition. It also as a programmable delay as to when it will go back to normal.

10. 79cam6.0

79cam6.0 Veteran Member

i had a sbc 400, fully roller wiyh custom cam. it ran fine with a 454 tbi and with a tpi intake. i used a www.dynamicefi.com ecm