who is using EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 72406, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Kricka

Kricka Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Holley Commander 950 TBI. Works very well, but i whish i had a intake with eight injectors instead.

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I can understand that. I refused to go TBI just because if I'm gonna do all this "stuff".....damnit it's gonna have an injector in each hole !!!!

I had to make my intake as NOBODY did this on PONTIACS back in 2008....when I startd....

Don't let 77Nomad preach TOOOOOOOmuch about that MS3......he's an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER!!!!! (cheater) ...lol :)

He can build that about as easy as I can figure out the pitch diameter of a screw. (ps hey nomad you do your intake yet? )

3. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Cams with a lot of overlap will not give you an accurate o2 reading at idle and low rpm...it will read lean even when it is not. I am going open loop idle just to make sure that is not a problem with mine.

4. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Drivability is much better with port injection, too. TBI is wet flow and causes issues when you let off the gas to shift and get back in it. This has been very hard to tune out with my truck, and it's still not perfect yet.

5. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

I'm not an engineer YET!. Still in college. BUT work has taken so much time in the last year and a half school is on the back burner. I actually took the intake to a local machinist to see about welding my bungs in. The welder had the day off. I was with a buddy dropping off a LS oil pan to get welded. So I figured I'd ask. But still no closer. I did machine a bar that will simulate a fuel rail to keep the bungs in line while welding.

PS I found that firewall piece. PM me where you want measurements from. I stuck it up in the coat closet until I get them for you.

6. purpleflame

purpleflame Veteran Member

7. 7975camaro

7975camaro Veteran Member

an LSX ;)

8. Air_Adam

Air_Adam Veteran Member

I'm not sure if its still being made, but there is an intake manifold made specifically for the SBC thats almost a direct copy of the LT1 manifold. It was called the "miniram". Made by TPIS as I recall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

No there not still made.They get about 800 on ebay. I have a stealth ram which is the same just longer runners.

10. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

TPIS still shows the miniram as available on their website