who is using EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 72406, Feb 18, 2013.

1. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

Just pulled the pin on a FAST EZ-EFI system. Once I build the fuel system I can use it for the 355 currently in the hole as well as the LSx/t56 I have in the long term plans.

2. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

how come no one ever talks about the Edelbrock system? We don't have it but since our motor is one of their "Top End Kits", it kind of makes sense for us to consider it if we ever go down that path.

So are there some problems with it? Are the others a lot better/

Thanks,
    tim

3. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Where did you read/hear that? The FAST EZ EFI does not do timing control and would not be a good choice for an LSx engine

4. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

From what I gather on TGO the Mini Ram is a ebay only deal. The Eddy set up has suck tiny ports no body uses them for real power making. Think 1204 or smaller and cant be opened up due to the injector placement. Again this is another thing I gathered from TGO and not first hand.

I can and will comment on the Holley Stealth Ram all day. Gots one of those.

5. hutchenc

hutchenc Veteran Member

It'll work on an LSx, it just won't control the timing. You'd need an MSD or Edelbrock box to do that along with the EZ-EFI.

Having said that, since FAST has announced that EZ-EFI 2.0 will control timing with either a distributor or a crank trigger, I think I would've waited to pull that trigger on a system that will be outdated this year.

6. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

you have to use a carb intake(which I prefer for the "old school" look) and an MSD controller(which I also prefer) for spark control and the FAST system is fired from the tach signal. Simple to work with and easy to run on a conventional SBC/bbc OR any LSX package.

7. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Seems like a huge waste of money to me, but to each his/her own. You could have gotten a Holley HP EFI and run an LSx 24x or 58x with only a new wiring harness and spent less money in the long run. And other than the two fuel lines my BBC with the Holley HP EFI looks the same as it did with the carb, but now less cluttered.

Still not really sure why people go for any of the others over the Holley.... If you run an MSD for the timing/spark control you now have two separate points of failure. Holley is the same or less wiring, and you can run with or without the spark control out of the box, just seems like a no brainier to me

8. hutchenc

hutchenc Veteran Member

^ I agree ^ The Holley EFI systems are better than just about anything else on the market right now for the money.