Who's happy with their TKO 600?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by AlbertaZ28, May 26, 2013.

1. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

I dont think there is anything failing in the transmission to make it whiny and it will probably last a long time and shift great. It's probably just has to much backlash in the gears. The whine just bugs me. My goal is to make this car run smooth and quiet besides the exhaust. Haha. My Flowmaster american thunder system will never be quiet.

2. Philip

Philip Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

surprised you can here it over the exhaust:)

3. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

Ya I can hear it even over the exhaust. I have the front end apart right. When I get it back together I will post a video.

4. Fme

Fme Member

I have an SS 700 from Keisler it's a lot quieter than that, but a tad noisy in 5th. No shift issues. But like someone said before you can't muscle it, you have to let it find its own gates.

5. BeefTip

BeefTip Veteran Member

Thats exactly what I was wondering. I shifted my bone stock t56 in my 1997 camaro at 6500 numerous times and it never had one single issue...I did replace the clutch once...then sold the car at 130k miles....and it made absolutely NO noise whatsoever

6. 73 L92

73 L92 Veteran Member

It is kind strange they don't put the better syncros in either as "stock" or as an upgrade from the factory. Kind of a bummer to buy a trans, pay for shipping, install, find the shifts are less than good above 6000 rpm, pull it out, send it to the suggested shop to install the upgraded syncros, pay for syncros and labor to install, pay for shipping both ways and then reinstall.

If I sold something like that to my customers they would be my customer only once.