Will the Vette accesories (2011 Corvette Ls3)...

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by cpd004, Oct 11, 2014.

1. cpd004

cpd004 Member

work in an early Firebird? I've asked this here because I haven't been able to come up with an exact answer regarding the Corvette accessory drive. I believe the AC compressor is mounted too low and far back which would interfere with the cross member and require notching. There may be a relocation bracket out there for just this purpose, but I haven't been able to find one. Any advice either way for using this engine in my car will be greatly appreciated. I already know the F body stuff works, but this is what I have to work with.

2. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

im gonna say yes , but im sure more ppl w/ better knowledge of it will chime in and give better info , ask this same question over @ digital corvettes too , cant hurt to ask as many places as possible

3. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

Check the new Holley brackets.
    Remember that you would have to change the balancer to run the Corvette accessories.

4. cpd004

cpd004 Member

I found a complete 2011 Corvette engine and would like to know what can or can't be used on it in the early 2nd gen sub frame. I know there are aftermarket solutions, but does anyone know for sure what will or won't work with the stock engine and accessory drive?

5. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

The Holley bracket for the Alternator and PS pump is almost identical to the Corvette; Holley has optional spacers for Car or Truck spacing.
    I have it and everything fits fine on the passenger side.
    I don't have A/C and don't know what issues there might be on passenger side.

Some fitment issues depend upon the swap mounts and whether they are 0" or 1" back. I have the Holley mounts, which I don't recommend. You might consider adjustable mounts which let you move the engine about 1" forward or backward for best fitment.

I also don't know if the Corvette oil pan fits in a 2nd Gen.

6. cpd004

cpd004 Member

Great info. Thank you.