wiper issue

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by doublec, Nov 2, 2013.

1. doublec

doublec Veteran Member

Well...if you look through my progress thread you will see that I cut the stock firewall out and put in a nice smooth one. Looks real nice but I was not thinking ahead and now need to figure out how to mount my wiper motor so it will work properly. I should have just smoothed out the passenger half and left the drivers side where everything hooks up alone, but that ship has sailed!

So I need all you creative minds out there to help me out. I have a piece of firewall and i could cut a section out and weld a stock piece in there, but was hoping for another solution. I would like to use one of the DSE wiper motors because they look so much better than the factory ones.

Ideas???

2. Chris71RS

Chris71RS Veteran Member

An Island called "long" in the north atlantic
    I have a feeling the DSE wiper motor may work nicely with a smoothed firewall. If you look at their wiper mount, it's basically a flat plate. Other than the mounting screws, you might only have to drill a hole for the motor shaft. I would give DSE a call and see what they say.

3. doublec

doublec Veteran Member

I was thinking the same thing Chris..I called them and the guy I talked to seemed to have absolutely no clue what I was talking about :(

4. Chris71RS

Chris71RS Veteran Member

An Island called "long" in the north atlantic
    That's disappointing. It's a a little on the expensive side to take the chance on buying it and seeing if you get lucky. Could they e-mail you the installation instructions?

Edit:Found this install video. Not sure if it's the same motor but might be helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R98XtC2weCI

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  5. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

I slather Rain-X on the windshields of my cars all the time & almost NEVER actually turn on my wipers....or do you have an inspection/rule issue?

6. doublec

doublec Veteran Member

I have antique tags, so inspection is not an issue..

7. cars4life

cars4life Veteran Member

I saw a post once somewhere about a wiper moter hidden on the firewall under the drivers fender. They ran a longer arm from the linkage to the motor.Try a google search for hidden wiper motor mod.

8. hessdawg

hessdawg Veteran Member

9. doublec

doublec Veteran Member

I did the majority of work on the car by myself...but this is one of those things I just want to pay someone to do! :)

10. speed_m5

speed_m5 Veteran Member

under the fender is what we have already spoke of. I did this to a 69 and it work out great