Wiring harness.

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by P camaro, Jun 22, 2019.

1. P camaro

P camaro New Member

I have a 73 rs. I was looking to buy a new harness for it with the connections, with out having to sell a kidney. Any ideas?

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Try M&H Electric, crappy website, I would suggest calling them, they sell the whole harness, or every section, so you could replace them in sections, a little easier on the wallet
    http://www.wiringharness.com/

hubedobeedo likes this.
  3. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You can get M & H harness modded by them so if you running an electronic ignition they will put regular wire in to coil versus resistor wire. I bought there stock harness and modded it myself for MSD ignition, added a wire for electric choke, made the temp sensore wire go to intake manifold versus drivers side head since I had vortec heads on and couldn't run stock big sensor. If your handy you can do it yourself buying the needed wire, the Packard 56 terminals at NAPA and you need to have a crimper that rolls the crimps so they turn and bite into the wire something like this pair that I have https://www.amazon.com/Non-insulated-Insulated-End-sleeves-Terminals-Changeable/dp/B00Y7M7SG6

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. 71smalbloc

71smalbloc Member

I recently bought the GM muscle car harness from Painless Performance and had quite a few issues with it, although the wiring and connectors are very high quality. I'd try a kit from American Auto Wire, I've heard good things about them and they are reasonably priced.

5. 79__Z28

79__Z28 Member

American autowire classic update harness is what I just put in. Very nice and simple kit. Most of the crimping is just in the light sockets. Very very happy with it

hubedobeedo likes this.
  6. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Have the GM musclecar kit from Painless in my 70. Added a couple of options for electric everything and stereo stuff. Quality is good for the money. Looking forward to the touch screen pi infotainment system I'm concocting.