WOW wold you pay this price for a tank?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by iraqivet, Mar 1, 2013.

1. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

The tank has a incline towards the pick up. I tried putting baffles in my factory tank. I hit the perfect spot right where the metal was thin from rusting under the strap. Blew a hole right in it. The one in the pic was my second attempt. If I pulled it off the first time I would only have $300 in it. The pick up has a bread pan sized sump around it so I figure it wont starve if the return is pushing fuel back into the same pan.

2. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Those tanks from Rick Hot Rod are baffled and made of stainless steel. I imagine alot of man hours goes into making one thus the $$.

Don't hold your breath for anyone to mass produce a late sec gen tank. Spectre didn't do it, I don't expect Aeromotive to either.

3. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

I agree. Which is still the reason I am a big fan of the Tanks Inc kit. Honestly I I painted mine and took pics. i would have people asking where I bought mine.

4. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

I got one of the vapor worx rick's tanks that I run my Ls3 with. I think It cost me a grand right from them. It was worth every penny and I would do it again. Stainless steel with a new 2010 Camaro returnless fuel pump and I have no troubles on the turns with a gallon of gas in there! Handles my 525 hp and looks great! So ya get what ya pay for I guess:bowtie:

5. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

You must have a good "hook-up". The cheapest I have ever seen for the Vaporworx for the sec gen was ~$1500 and I'm sure that didn't include the harness/module you need.

6. camcojb

camcojb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Same price I was quoted.