WTB Camaro or ????

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by 81_Z28_NC, Feb 19, 2014.

1. 81_Z28_NC

81_Z28_NC Veteran Member

Hi everyone….I have not been on the forum for some time do to a lot of “life” changes e.g new baby etc; anyway been catching up on some good info from this forum and trying to learn more. I have been getting the desire to really find a solid project car and have been browsing the local craigslist ads - nothing really has caught my attention. I really want a project car that I can do right and maybe get my two oldest kids involved in a little (within reason). Something preferable close to as possible to stock and that has not been molested; decent running condition with a solid body is preferred. Nothing with a lot of rot (beyond by comfort zone) but if a few welded patch panels are needed than that is fine. I really want to apply the skills I learned from working in a body shop ~10 yrs ago (although outdated) with what solid knowledge I have learned in from this forum and other sources. Looking at 2nd gen Camaros and Trans ams but open to something else if the right project comes along. Wanting to keep the price down so I can put the $ into my labor and having the fun and satisfaction of doing the work myself so recent restos and mint originals are not what I are looking for. What I am finding is either cars that have had high dollar restos or hacked up cars which are overpriced IMO. Maybe I have been away too long and this is the new reality. Anyway if anyone comes across something of interest pls feel free to either post or PM me it would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome back. Good luck on our project search.

3. kidcamaro454

kidcamaro454 Member

I have a 1978 Camaro, 305eng,2bbl,auto, 79,000miles, all original(except radio). Has some rust issues from being left outside and neglected. I was told the engine will run with a new battery and some gas. SC title. $1800 firm. You can call me if interested at 203-512-4040.

4. Harold Simmons

Harold Simmons Member

I have 74 lt i have new floor pans trunk pan quarters new dash seat covers
    Cowl hood lots of other stuff in clinton nc if your interested pm I'll send u some pics

5. billyg12

billyg12 New Member

camaro

i have a 1970 i think thay call it 70and ahalf ss camaro prodject have for sale new carb motor tranny rear end heavy axles new quarters frame rails needs put together new stub radiator and support so far all gm parts 12500 as is true ss

6. ncmango

ncmango Member

If your are still looking i have a 72 rally sport, it is dissassembled and on a rotissiere. Have many new parts, title, original eng, trans and rear, although it is a 307 car. Non air auto. Great start for project
    In concord nc

7. Rally Mike

Rally Mike New Member

Rare 1980 Camaro RS

I have an Blue with blue interior 80 RS T-Top car that has been stored on a concrete drive next to my house for the past 20 years. It is a project car all metal absolutely no rust. Some NOS parts. No engine or trans. My wife actually bought the car in 1983 we sold it in 1986 and I bought it back the same car in 1994 for her wedding anniversary. It's been 20 years now I haven't finished it so I found her another one that had 60k on it and bought that one for our 30th anniversary. I was thinking $1500 would take it. I live in Cincinnati Ohio