WTF Summit Racing/California

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Apr 7, 2016.

1. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't care how beautiful California is. I would never live there. Plus my 250k house here in OK would probably be a million in CA.:confused:

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Bringing this thread back to life ....

Just had a similar experience this morning thru Summit racing when I went to order a 50 state smog legal header for my Toyota truck . While ordering a form appeared where I had (3) choices that I had to check off before I could continue . It mentioned if vehicle was pre smog , off road use only or newer smog legal

Since I know this part has a CARB EO # and listed as 50 state legal I clicked on newer smog legal . Next screen appears and says SUMMIT can't ship the part to me . I tried ordering again and nope can't purchase it

So I'm like WTF is going on , so I try AMAZON and got the same results and now getting pisses trying to figure out why I can't order a CARB 50 state legal part

So next I call Doug Thorley directly and come to find out that CARB sued Summit Racing and Amazon over selling non Calif compliance items . The tech at Doug Thorley was able to order my header for me and with no issues and it is a calif legal part he did mention because of the C designation in the part # is why summit and Amazon can't sell it . The C designation is for ceramic coating , go figure !!!!

So I go back to Summits website and any chemical or additive I tried to order it wouldn't let me because I'm in Calif

EDIT....

As mentioned with Summit when you order parts you are directed to a screen stating if your vehicle is 1966 or older , off highway use or 1966 or newer

Tried just now ordering a MSD 7 AL 2 box thru their website for my 1972 Camaro and clicked on 1966 or newer ,guess what can't order it !!!!! :mad: :mad:

Can't even order a simple 3 bolt collector flange reducer

Called Summit directly and they mentioned if it doesn't have a CARB # they can't legally sell it to me !!!!!!:whine:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

just breathing air in cali is bad for your health, think a few more chemicals will really make a differance?

4. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Northeast is starting to get just as nutty as Kalifornia. Cant buy most paints from Summit up here anymore. Unless its the voc compliant crap.:whine:

5. muscl car

Now I can't even order parts like carbs ,intakes and such now in Calif ............. thanks CARB !!!!!

Like I mentioned you can only order CARB EO# parts now . They also placed a disclaimer stating the state of Calif can /may revoke your license registration even block the transfer/sale of an altered vehicle

You can select off highway useage but supposedly they can track this also . The 1966 or earlier option if clicked will allow you to continue with your purchase

6. muscl car

Read post # 12 !!!!!! :(

Also Summit and Amazon were both sued by CARB for illegally selling parts to non compliant Calif emissions vehicles

7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have you been to California or just bitch about it? I can tell you for a fact the air was better when I left in 2008 then it was when I got there in 1982. Early on there were days in Orange County a deep breath would give you a coughing fit. In 2008 you could see the haze on the horizon on hot days but it generally didn't cause you any breathing issues.

Piss and moan about their air quality laws all you want but they work and are making a difference. Spend some time in places like Mexico City or urban China and see how you like no regulations. ;)

8. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

The air is still dirty no need to freak out..lol http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-california-air-pollution-20150930-story.html

Ridiculous that a Summit customer cant buy a product that others can just because he may live in a certain state or region.

9. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Time to move.

10. muscl car

Only place I would move to would be the desert southwest region