10 years ago we lost a great nascar driver

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Feb 13, 2011.

1. High Country Z

High Country Z Veteran Member

Undoubtedly, your Doctorate in Psychiatry qualifies you to make that determination, eh newbie.

2. msgZ28

msgZ28 Veteran Member

Well, that's great. He sounds like a great source for inspiration, and a great role model. But to say I will never have anymore heroes again is down right ridiculous.

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

We try to be respectful of others around here and I appreciate your opinion and beliefs.

I do not feel you are being respectful to the others who have stated their feelings about this and therefore I ask you to reserve your comments and be less critical of others in future posts.

You are more then welcome to contribute to the forums and it is encouraged. Just try not to be so harsh on others even if you feel differently on a subject then they do...

4. IDLZRUF

IDLZRUF Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The only problem I have is people who suffer from diarrhea of the mouth

5. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

see my signature for a certain quote that applies here..;)

6. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

I went to the 1st NASCAR race in Atlanta after Earnhardt was killed. Kevin Harvick (barely) won that race in a white #29 Goodwrench car that was one of Dale's cars. There wasn't a dry eye in the whole place.

7. canadianzed

canadianzed Veteran Member

I was fortunate to have met the man several times and have interesting converstations with him on those occasions, I followed his career for at least 15+ years, he will always be one of my heros - I have a collection of "Everything Earnhardt" that used to be displayed but now has been put into storage... I no longer follow the sport with any enthusiasm. During the 90's he brought our family hours of entertainment and fond memories. He is a legend that will never be replaced. RIP Intimidator.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i don't want any thread bashing in this thread as this is a remembrance of nascars all time favorite driver also voted by the fans as their favorite driver .dale sr made nascar more popular and brought more tv coverage to the sport

9. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i really like this pic ........ dale looked so happy to be holding the trophy after winning the daytona 500 back on feb 15th 1998 . watching all the crews and officials line pit road to give congrats to the intimidator for finally winning the 500 got me choked up seeing that !!!

[​IMG]

10. z28smokin

z28smokin Veteran Member

I was there. It was a sad day indeed! We were sitting on the backstretch and my buddy was a diehard 3 fan. We were listening to him rant and rave about the way the "idiots" were driving. With less than 50 to go I remember him saying, "If they keep driving like idiots, someone is going to get killed out here." How prophetic!! We were listening to him at the end and he had not said a word for several laps. He was determined, and to us it was determined to push jr. to the win. Once the wreck was over we heard Childress come over the radio and say, "Hey buddy, you alright? ......I know you are mad, but come on buddy talk to me....Dale, let me know you are alright." We then heard "Alright". It sounded like Dale, so we packed up and headed for the truck. We heard the rumers going through the crowd, and they kept saying "He". We thought they were talking about Stewart as we knew we heard Earnhardt say "Alright". Well, we were wrong and stayed an extra day to contribute the the memorial that went up nearly immediately. I have not followed racing much since, it's just not the same...Nice to vent!