1970-1973 owners

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by maverick, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z27

Z27 Member

Only thing original in the drivetrain in the TH350 transmission. The motor started as a 1980 Targer Master engine. It is completely rebuilt with forged pistons. I put 1492 64cc heads on it, a small crane cam, 1972 Z28 intake, carb, air cleaner and valve covers. The cam is just a little bigger than a stock cam so it idles like stock. Other things not correct for a 72 are the short spoiler and the Z28 wheels and tires. I bought a rear end at a swap meet that was supposed to be a 3.42 posi out of a SS that turned out to be a 3.23 posi out of a Pontiac, I believe. Just about everything else is correct for a 72 SS. Even the cloth upholstery. Paid a bunch for that. The color is GM 1990-91 Dark Saphire Blue Metalic. The exhaust is complete NOS system. I spent 3 years restoring it from 1989-1991 so it is a pretty old restoration, but have only put about 500 miles on it since. You could still buy a lot of parts for them at the Chevy Dealer back then too. I've just lost interest in it so it mainly just sits and collects dust. I was thinking it might bring somewhere around 20K.

I also have a 71 SS 350 4 spd with A/C car that is not too picture worthy and needs to be restored. It is a complete 100% original 70K mile car with the exception of it has a CE warranty replacement block that was installed when the car was just a few months old back in 1971. I have the original window sticker, build sheet, and brochure with the original selling Chevy Dealer's stamp on it. I bought about $5000 worth of NOS parts to restore it back in the early 90s that are in my attic just waiting for me to get motivated to do it. It was a good running car until the clutch PP broke in 1996 and it's been parked ever since.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. 1970z28camaro

1970z28camaro Member

1970 Z28

Numbers matching LT1-350 with M-21 4spd. Yellow with Black stripes.
    Been 6 years complete frame-off restoration with all new wire harness, suspension, soon-to-be-brakes, headers w/ flowmaster, mallory ignition.
    Gonna be real nice when I am finally done and take it for a cruise.

3. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

71 Camaro RS (clone).

According to most, a "real" RS must come from the factory that way. But from what I understand the RS was an option available on any model. My 71 (that I bought in 93 - loooong story) was originally a plane jane rust bucket, but I've since swapped everything with all original RS parts (short the aftermarket fiberglass nose - had an original, but it took less work to get fiberglass one looking great). I've now got everything a factory RS would have - probably as close as anyone can get to "real" without being facotry. But as you can see from my CarDomain link below, I never was much of a 'factory' kind of guy ;)

4. duane28

duane28 Veteran Member

72 SS - Documented 59,000 miles.

5. Twilight Cruiser

Twilight Cruiser Veteran Member

Great looking cars guys.
    Great topic, inspiration!

Mine is a 70RS 350/350.
    Just installed new fenders and headerpanel.
    Also TT2''s with Kumho's.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Want to take it to a shop to get new quarters installed.
    Some other bodywork, and then paint it black or that nice Lime-Z color:crazy:
    And off course thousand other little things.

The Kumho's suck, no grip at all;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko8JQ--UU10

6. RobSS1113

RobSS1113 Veteran Member

man I just clicked in the 74 sticky thread just to snope around .. theres alot of Love for those 74's. Those owners are proud .

But too bad the Best 2nd Gens were the 70-73 models . ! ;) More pics of 70-73's .. I cant get enough !!

7. steverino

steverino Veteran Member

Thanks for a great thread. I really enjoy looking at all the cars...
    Mine is a '70 Z28 with the original drivetrain and 55,000 original miles. I have been through the entire car and it drives like a new one...
    [​IMG]

8. steverino

steverino Veteran Member

Here's a photo of my car from the early 70's
    [​IMG]

9. Jimmy Z

Jimmy Z Veteran Member

I have a 73 Z RS with AC power windows and it is number matching.

10. MR71RS

MR71RS Veteran Member

A 71RS 4spd, in pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.