1970/71 Camaro Deluxe door panels, handles, and window regulators/1972 73 Camaro Delu

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by camaronutz, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Tony P

Tony P Veteran Member

They quoted me $1800 plus $88 shipping, their back log is approximately 5 months to have them restored and shipped back to me.

2. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Hi Tony...sorry so late just been a long day here, glad you found the parts I've never used them but would give it try for that kind of savings, Dorman makes them and I've seen lots of different prices so look around, if you don't find the spacers Bodyman Bill has a son that makes repops very reasonable but they won't have the factory grain embossed they will be smooth also you will need the springs and most likely the standard handles won't work you have to get handles for the deluxe. Let me know how it works out . Thanx Lewis

3. Tony P

Tony P Veteran Member

Lewis,
    Thanks for replying, I just talked to Bill and have purchased a pair, my car has the correct window cranks that are bowed out because it originally had deluxe interior when built. I may try some textured interior black paint on them, but to have the deluxe door panels I can live with it! I have purchased the springs and the original spacers from Camaro Central. I bought a new 1970 Z28 when I was 17, stolen 6 months later, completely stripped and totaled by the insurance co, decided to get one almost 50 years later, and I got a good one here’s some pic’s !! think I have everything I need.
    Tony

Attached Files:

4. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Hey...great story and fantastic looking car I really enjoyed the pics btw is that your house Wow, theres a dye company that offers different stencils to put patterns on, there's only a very small area you won't hardly notice. Can't do it right away but might be able to make a stencil off my 70 for ya if someone doesn't offer up.

5. smokeatr23

smokeatr23 Veteran Member

The Deluxe regulator has a longer shaft that the crank handle fits on. The Deluxe panels are thicker so a standard regulator shaft won't stick out far enough to reach the crank handle.

joselk1 likes this.
  6. joselk1

joselk1 Veteran Member

Did your I find your regulators...

7. Tony P

Tony P Veteran Member

Sorry for the really late response. I kept my original regulators and purchased the extension shafts from a guy on EBay. When I started the door panel installation the extensions were 3/16” to short. Had him make new ones that were perfect!