1970-71 Camaro Grill

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Is having a ORIGINAL/OEM "Used" Standard Bumper Grill more desirable than the OER
Reproduction

I have several used 70/71 Grilles that I'd like to establish a base line value..........

What is unique (one year only) about the 70' Standard Bumper UPPER HEADER ???

Im thinking the Lower Valance on most 70's doesnt have the spoiler mounting holes??
Im also guessing that many lower valances were either curb damaged or rust damaged
and in short supply ???? versus the upper header

There’s an NOS silver one on eBay for $500. I would imagine a used one in great shape would be couple hundred bucks. The good thing about the OER is it’s black. You’ll have to paint the GM one. The header panel should be the same, but yes the valance panel has no spoiler holes.

CamarosRus

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2000
Auburn,WA (between Sea & Tac)
Badazz............I do have a NOS Grill in the box (honestly never opened) that I'll assume is Silver........

Were the Original Ones Injection molded with Black Material ???

Do you have experience/knowledge on HOW BEST to Change the Silver Grill to
BLACK...????

Last edited:

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Badazz............I do have a NOS Grill in the box (honestly never opened) that I'll assume is Silver........

Were the Original Ones Injection molded with Black Material ???

Do you experience/knowledge on HOW BEST to Change the Silver Grill to
BLACK...????

Based on what I have seen, all the NOS are silver and you have to paint black. I was told all the original Z28 grills were injected black. I sprayed one in the past, cleaned really well, used a plastic adhesion promoter and used sem trim black

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
When I replaced my orig 70 Z28 grill with a GM Parts silver piece back in 1985, I was told to spray it with enamel paint. I didnand it hasn’t changed yet. And yes the factory Z28 front grille was black all the way through as I saw this in the broken piece from mine.