1970-72 camaro SS396 4 row radiator.

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by john Gialanella, Sep 13, 2014.

1. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

Shawn.
    If I think of any information I need I will message you, thanks. Shawn since you have a 1971 SS 396 LS3 BB with no air and said you were just missing those two parts (stove pipe and fan blade.) which you have since bought from Bikfixer, I assume you have the original very rare dual snorkel chromed lid air cleaner #6485254. I have a restored one that I have had on nasty site for 9 months with no success and on e-bay 2 months. It is in such nice shape completely restored. I guess their must not be to many 1971-72 LS3 Camaros and Chevelles out their with no AC which would get this air cleaner.
    John.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. PaulC

PaulC Member

John,
    The tanks are original and the original core was 3 row. I had it recored with a 4 row core many years ago. The tanks are 3½ inches wide at the flange and the fill neck is angled. When I got my car it was missing the carb, air cleaner, fan and valve covers. I have since located a air cleaner that needs restoration.

3. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

Paul.
    I guess that clinches it. You confirmed that Harrison radiator's for Camaro's can have "4 row' wide tanks 3 1/2 inches wide that can have either 3 row 1.98 inches wide core or 4 row 2.70 inches wide core. Too bad you did not see my for sale #6485254 dual snorkel air cleaner, before you bought one that needs to be restored. I think maybe the price is scaring members off. It is $600.00 but they do not realize that buying used one blasting it, painting it, and rechroming lid and also getting all the little parts (like NOS short black plastic tube, long curved metal tube, all the original small hoses, thermac unit, new decal which has part #6485254 on it, plus new repro lid and side white filter NOS and finally NOS in box correct filter element AC 325 will cost more then $600.00.John.

4. stafs05

stafs05 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

John I would consider the dual snorkel, but I can not right now. Also I have a the same dimension as stated in this thread, and a 3 core radiator is in my Camaro