1970 Black Bowtie Steering Wheel vs Burlwood Wheel

l16pilot

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
Hurlock, MD, USA
That link I posted doesn't work?

Thanks...did not realize you posted it as a hyperlink. Gotta read the fine print....this is not a correct repop of the 70 Camaro SS horn pad emblem.
"This version is technically correct for 70 Nova and Chevelle models but can be modified to work Camaros. "

Indetrucks

Aug 25, 2021
Southern CA
Thanks...did not realize you posted it as a hyperlink. Gotta read the fine print....this is not a correct repop of the 70 Camaro SS horn pad emblem.
"This version is technically correct for 70 Nova and Chevelle models but can be modified to work Camaros. "
Yeah, I read it. I aint scurrred to modify ;)

RS70Z28

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2002
Brownsville, Pa
The 70 only steering wheel was used on all Camaros. The shrouds were different. As you can see in the posted pictured, the standard shroud has an outer silver raised edge whereas the burled has two silver raised pieces. The emblems, standard bow tie and SS, are mounted with a round stud and a slotted stud. I don’t know if the companies that produce the 70 SS emblems are actually using the 70 style because in the past they were using the 69 SS style and saying that they fit. They are different.

Tony P

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2019
604093F9-4273-40B8-8B05-F7D099D31A11.jpeg
The 70 only steering wheel was used on all Camaros. The shrouds were different. As you can see in the posted pictured, the standard shroud has an outer silver raised edge whereas the burled has two silver raised pieces. The emblems, standard bow tie and SS, are mounted with a round stud and a slotted stud. I don’t know if the companies that produce the 70 SS emblems are actually using the 70 style because in the past they were using the 69 SS style and saying that they fit. They are different.
Here’s what a 1970 Camaro black horn shroud looks like with the REM burl wood overlay looks like!
B765262C-5934-4F3A-B275-22A92BF18C94.jpeg

Latest posts